Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Visor Installation

Hello Community,

Here is a Frequently Asked Question that we get with our Putco in-channel Window Visors.

FAQ - I am having issues with my window visor fitting in the channel, how do I fix it?

Here are the 6 steps that we recommend to resolve most fitment issues.

1. Before installation make sure that temperature is higher than 50°F(10°C)

2. Make sure all parts are correct within the kit and do a quick test fit on the vehicle before you pull any tape from the parts.
    (If you received the wrong parts do not install any of them, please contact Putco Customer Service 1-800-247-3974)

3. Clean the in channel of the window with some rubbing alcohol (Allow a few minutes for the residue to evaporate)

4. Start at the front of the windows and work the visor back to get the best fit.

- Once that is done, try rolling the windows up. If the vehicle is equipped with a window sensor it may make the window roll down automatically if it touches (binding) the window. If that is the case, pull back on the visor while another person rolls the window up. This will allow more room in the channel for the window to roll up properly without interference.

5. Once you have the windows up in the channel, leave the windows up for 48 hours. This is extremely recommended to prevent most common issues.
    (This will allow enough time for the window visor to recess back into the channel as well as the tape to adhere to the channel).

6. After 48 hours you should be able to roll the windows up and down without any interference or issues!

Do you have a 2015+ F-150 or Ford Super Duty 17+ ? Check our installation video!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZsR...&index=6&t=63s

Pro tip: PUTCO recommends applying a high quality automotive wax to maintain the original appearance of your Chrome & Tinted window visors.

We hope you enjoy your new in-channel window visors, feel free to ask us any other questions below!

Click image for larger version

Name:	480065_2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	167
Working...
X